HomeTop HeadlinesHillary Clinton Erupts Over Shocking Trump Admin Blunder

Hillary Clinton Erupts Over Shocking Trump Admin Blunder

In a serious security incident, senior officials from the Trump administration inadvertently disclosed sensitive military plans to a journalist, leading former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to express disbelief regarding the incident.

“You have got to be kidding me,” Clinton wrote on social media on Monday, March 25, accompanied by an eye-rolling emoji and a screenshot of the article. Her reaction followed Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of The Atlantic, publishing a story that detailed how he was mistakenly added to a group chat where Trump administration officials were discussing military strikes in Yemen.

According to Goldberg’s account, he received a connection request on Signal from Michael Waltz, Trump’s national security adviser. A few days later, he was added to a group chat titled “Houthi PC small group,” which involved high-ranking officials planning military operations.

The group included 18 individuals, among them Vice President JD Vance, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard, Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent, and CIA Director John Ratcliffe, plus others.

Brian Hughes, a spokesman for the White House National Security Council, confirmed the authenticity of the message thread in Goldberg’s report. Hughes stated they were examining how an incorrect number was added to the chat and described the thread as showing coordination between senior officials without posing threats to servicemembers or national security.

Goldberg reported that Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth shared operational details about upcoming airstrikes in Yemen, including information about weapons, targets, and timing, shortly before the attack occurred. Goldberg’s initial skepticism was allayed when explosions were reported in Sanaa, Yemen, at the time mentioned in the messages.

When asked by reporters, Hegseth denied sharing war plans. However, in an interview with MSNBC, Goldberg maintained that the chat contained detailed minute-by-minute plans organized by CENTCOM.

The incident has faced criticism from Democrats and prompted questions about the Trump administration’s handling of sensitive information. Senator Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut urged Republican colleagues to address the issue seriously, describing it as “appallingly fundamental” and “staggering.”

Some Republicans minimized the security breach. House Speaker Mike Johnson said the leak revealed officials performing their duties with no one endangered, noting the administration acknowledged the error and would prevent future occurrences.

President Trump, who was not included in the group chat, initially distanced himself from the incident, stating he was unaware of it and expressing his unfavorable opinion of The Atlantic.

However, in a subsequent phone interview, Trump defended Waltz, commenting: “Michael Waltz has learned a lesson, and he’s a good man.” Trump described the situation as the only glitch in two months, and that it wasn’t serious.

The security breach has underscored what some consider hypocrisy, as several Trump administration officials involved in the Signal chat had previously criticized Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email server during her tenure as Secretary of State.

Clinton’s use of a private email server sparked controversy and led to an FBI investigation, which found that Clinton and her staff were extremely careless in handling classified information but determined that no criminal charges were warranted. The investigation became a significant issue during the 2016 presidential election, with critics alleging Clinton deleted emails and destroyed evidence.

FBI Director James Comey stated in July 2016 that despite evidence of potential violations regarding the handling of classified information, no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Clinton later said that the FBI investigation contributed to her loss in the presidential race.

The fallout from the Signal group chat incident persists, with some in Washington questioning whether Waltz will ultimately retain his position. Reports suggest there’s debate within Trump’s circle over whether Waltz will face consequences after the messaging error.

However, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt has reaffirmed the president’s support, stating that Trump maintains confidence in his national security team, including Waltz, and considers the attacks on the Houthis successful and effective.

The Senate Intelligence Committee heard testimony from at least two officials implicated in the Signal leak—Gabbard and Ratcliffe—who appeared on Capitol Hill to provide their assessments of national security matters.

Latest Articles

More Articles Like This