Actor Quinton Aaron, widely recognized for his lead role in the 2009 film “The Blind Side,” remained on life support as his family offered new details about his recovery following a spinal stroke that left the 41-year-old in critical condition.
Aaron collapsed at his Atlanta residence on January 23 when his legs suddenly gave out while he was climbing stairs. He was urgently transported to a hospital and placed on life support due to complications from a serious blood infection and a spinal stroke.
His family issued a statement thanking supporters for their kindness and clarifying his condition, expressing gratitude for “the overwhelming love, support and prayers” from fans and the community. They confirmed he had suffered a spinal stroke and said he is “alert, aware and recovering.”
Aaron’s wife shared hopeful updates on a GoFundMe page created to help cover substantial medical costs. She noted that Aaron has opened his eyes and regained some feeling in one foot, though he faces a long rehabilitation process that will include using a wheelchair at discharge and undergoing extensive physical therapy. The fundraiser has collected more than $45,000 as supporters rally behind him.
Martin Luther Wardlaw, Aaron’s former manager and the president of Ascension Studios, spoke with media outlets while staying in touch with the actor’s wife. “I can tell you that things are looking more positive today than they were yesterday,” Wardlaw told ABC News earlier this week.
Aaron gained international fame for portraying Michael Oher in “The Blind Side,” appearing alongside Sandra Bullock, who won an Oscar for her role as Leigh Anne Tuohy. The film chronicled Oher’s rise from homelessness to NFL success with the help of his adoptive family.
The Bronx native has dealt with health concerns in recent years. In March 2025, he was hospitalized after coughing up blood, with doctors suspecting Type A flu and pneumonia. In 2019, he fought a severe upper respiratory infection. Despite these challenges, Aaron focused on improving his health, documenting an impressive 200‑pound weight loss journey he shared with fans in October 2025.
Wardlaw applauded Aaron’s dedication to fitness, noting the actor worked hard to stay camera-ready. He praised Aaron’s commitment to dietary changes and weight loss, calling it an extraordinary achievement.
Jae Head, who played Aaron’s on-screen younger brother S.J. Tuohy in “The Blind Side,” publicly expressed concern on January 26, sharing that he had learned Aaron was in the ICU and “in pretty bad shape.” Head described Aaron as one of the kindest people he has ever known and one of his closest friends, asking fans to continue keeping him in their prayers.
Aaron’s family reported more positive developments in early February, saying his mood had improved greatly. They described him as laughing, smiling, and communicating as much as he can while he continues to heal.
The family stressed that only official blood relatives, through their spokesperson and longtime friend Liana Mendoza, should provide updates about Aaron’s condition. They cautioned against misinformation and warned that unauthorized disclosures about his health could violate HIPAA laws and lead to legal action.
Born in the Bronx and raised in Augusta, Georgia, Aaron graduated from Glenn Hills High School before securing his breakout role in “The Blind Side.” He later appeared in several TV shows and films, most recently the 2025 BET movie “War Dawgz.” He has also worked with the Veterans Aid Network, which launched the fundraising effort supporting his recovery.
As Aaron continues to recover, his family asked for privacy while assuring supporters they will share major updates. His manager, Katrina Fristoe, confirmed he is receiving excellent care as doctors monitor his progress and run additional tests.
Medical experts anticipate Aaron will need significant physical therapy before he can walk independently again. His family shared their appreciation for the widespread encouragement from fans, friends, and fellow entertainers during this difficult period.
In a related matter, the woman who has described herself as “spiritually married” to Aaron is no longer allowed to visit him while the actor recovers, a source exclusively told Us Weekly — a decision she is not contesting.
A family source said Margarita has been prohibited from entering Aaron’s hospital room as loved ones investigate their concerns further.
“I’m fine with it, I’m at peace with everything. Quinton and I pray often and believe in God and a higher power. I can feel his presence reassuring me that this will all work out,” Margarita told Us Weekly on Wednesday, February 4, when asked about the restriction.
The source added that Aaron is still not speaking, so he has not asked about Margarita. His family agreed not to mention her around him, saying they want to protect him and focus solely on his recovery.
According to an insider, before the family voiced their concerns publicly, Margarita allegedly attempted to keep relatives away from his bedside. She denied the accusation.
Margarita acknowledged she is still legally married to someone else.
“I am currently separated from my husband, and we are both taking the necessary steps to finalize our divorce so we can each move forward,” she said. “I have stayed by Quinton’s side in the hospital for seven days, prayed, and watched him endure countless challenges.”
Margarita urged the family to end the conflict.
“Instead of fighting over him, let’s unite to support his recovery and focus on what truly matters,” she said.










